Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Rain



I walked in the rain today


And felt a shower of happy thoughts


Feeling light and cheery, I smiled lots and lots.


To my childhood I added yet another day.







I walked in the shower yet again


And I felt the playful drops lovingly caress


My face, as it washed off the mundane stress


I saw my carefree Youth, clear and so plain.






I walked in the constant drizzle now


The pitter patter, steady and very busy.


Scooting drops chased each other in this incessant tizzy.


The hurry ..the worry ….and I managed ..how….





I walk now and feel gentle drops against my face


From the grey skies that have been now wrung.


Smiling upon the horizon, a rainbow, I see sprung.


Festooning the sunset to which I walk with grace .


















1 comment:

Gera Mor Dhawaj said...

Shubha creates vivid images for the eyes and ears, often simultaneously.
Strong and soulful and true. A good read.